11/18/2013

Day79 57km West to Kimba 56.2km

Cool morning. Full moon was so bright I could read a book under the moon light.

No one was coming in this rest area. Seemed like I was the only camper


As soon as the sun rose about 6am, I started.

What rolling hills! After I entered the District Council of Kimba, hills after hills knocked me down.


Heavy buggy made me feel much heavier.


Around noon, a car stopped and here comes a lady.

She said, "Do you remember me?"

"Yes! Jodie! Of Ceduna Caravan Park!!" I said.

She happened to visit Port Augusta and on her way back to Ceduna, she was wondering what had become of me.

It was the law of attraction, wasn't it?

Miracles happen everyday, that's what Forrest Gump often says.


Another car stopped when I was taking a break.

Neil's family was driving around Australia.

Two kids, both go to primary school but it's going to be a great experience to them, I'm sure.

Travel is a part of education. Hope they will become adults who can dream of challenge and adventure.


The temperature rose up to 32 degrees afternoon.

So many times I took a break under the shade to cool myself down.

What really knocked me down was rolling hills as well as heat.

I had to slow down when climbing hills. Not so steep but it lasted a little too long.

Once I reached the top, downhills were short and another hill started.

Drank plenty of water. Sweat more.

FInally when I arrived in Kimba Motel / Caravan Park / Roadhouse at 5pm, my legs were totally worn out. My heated head was almost melt down.

After check in, I rushed to IGA, the supermarket.

This is the first IGA since I enjoyed shopping at Norseman on October 8.


160km to Port Augusta. There's a town called Iron Knob between here and Port Augusta.


Take a day off tomorrow. Tomorrow will be 34 degrees but cool weather comes back the day after tomorrow.





*Today's Distance: 56.2km

*Total Distance from Perth: 2834.4km

*See More Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment