11/22/2013

Day83 Nuttbush Retreat to Port Augusta 39.8km

Cool morning but sunny blue sky today too.

After running 13km, Eyre Highway makes a turn left at the intersection.

Then traffic is getting busier as cars come and go so often.

26km to Port Augusta. The shoulders are too narrow to run with my partner VIENTO the Buggy.

When two cars come from ahead and behind at the same time, I have to get out of the paved road onto the gravel shoulder, which is very stressful.


The scenery I see reminds me of the one in the Mid-West of the US when I ran across in 2011.

It's a desert but some mountains around the highway.


Wind blew from behind…yes! Tail wind pushed me.



After 2pm, I arrived at a caravan park in Port Augusta.

About 2km away from city center but it's in a quiet place.


Here I am in a big city, 10 days from Ceduna, crossing Eyre Peinsula.

Going to take 2 days off and will go down in south for Adelaide.


Almost 3000km from Perth in 83 days. Seemed like I took too many off days but I feel happy I'm here sound and safe.


Enjoyed shopping in Woolworths for the first time since I left Esperance.

Here in Port Augusta, we can enjoy shopping at Coles, Woolworths and Foodand…3 supermarkets.

Great! There are so many kinds of food and the prices are cheap.

I couldn't help buying something unnecessary.

But 2km is kind of too far to walk. I walked between caravan park and city center with heavy plastic bags in both my hands.

I should have been with my buggy.






*Today's Distance: 39.8km

*Total Distance from Perth: 2992.6km

*See More Photos



No comments:

Post a Comment