11/04/2013

Day65 47km West to Nundroo 47.7km

Cool morning 14 degrees.

Cloudy but soon the sunny breaks.

The east wind cools me down.


Rolling hills still last, not so steep but they appear one after another.


Met an ultra runner from France, Patric Malandain.

He is also running across Australia from Sydney to Perth 3814km in 43 days.

What a fast runner! He runs 88.7km per day even if he takes no day off.

He said he would run 100km today!

In 2011, when I ran across the US, he was also running across the US for Transfoot America from LA to New York 5137km in 70 days.

What I'm doing now looks like nothing but kid's play.


He was with support crew almost all the time. Two cars were always taking care of him. He didn't even have water bottle with him.

He's a record maker but I, memories maker. We have different points of view to running but we're both runners. That's the point.


We wished good luck to each other and hugged goodbye.

I later knew he was 53 years old, the same age as I.


After 5pm I arrived at Nundroo Roadhouse. Got back to civilization for the first time in 3 days.

Glad to take hot showers and nice to be surrounded by roof and walls.

No network here. I might have no chance to access the Internet until I get to Ceduna.





*Today's Distance: 47.7km

*Total Distance from Perth: 2361.3km

*See More Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment