11/28/2013

Day89 Laura to Yacka 48.8km

Last night I was so exhausted that I fell asleep at 7:30.

Got up at 3:30 today.


Cool enough this morning to run.

Where on earth has the heat gone?

Chilly south wind is blowing.


The scenery was all golden wheat fields around here.

Oats, barley, vetch, rye as well as wheat…many varieties.

I heard that Japan imports lots of wheat from Australia.

Kagawa Prefecture (which is also called Udon-Ken or Udon noodle Prefecture) , where local people eat lots of udon noodles, too.


A few years ago, the price of the wheat was risen because of the drought weather in Australia.


Grape hills can be seen here and there.

I saw winery and vine yards here and there.


Georgetown is a pretty town.

It is a small town, actually on my map the name of the town is written the smallest letter.

I opened the door of the grocery store which was opened in late 1800s.

Tusch, the owner used to teach English in Japan.

He lived in Hikone City, Shiga Prefecture.


Late afternoon, rain started to fall.

Put on rain suits for the first time since I did in Penong.

This rain will be important water for life of local people.

They use it as drinking water and they wash their hands with it.


After 3pm, I arrived at Yacka.

There was a caravan park.

15 dollars for tent site.

I saw a camp site covered with green grass for the first time here in Australia.

I remember camping in the desert in the Nullarbor Plain.

The ground was red-browny sand.

I had desert storm, rain storm out there.

Wondering how many wild nights I spent…

Now I can camp out after having such an experience.


It was windy and flies were very quiet.

I didn't use mosquito net today.

When was the last time I spent the day without mosquito net?


Isn't is nice to sleep in my tent for the first time in a while.


I'm out of network in Yacka, the population 90 is too small a town.

There used to be more people and I saw a grocery store closed maybe long time ago.

Even if it's a small town, it is sometimes very atrractive.

Town is where people live but not only for people to live but also for people to enjoy and live active lives.







*Today's Distance: 48.8km

*Total Distance from Perth: 3153.8km

*See More Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment