11/26/2014

Day12 Taupo to Turangi



Woke up at 4am.

Had a strange dream…I lost something important and I got lost somewhere along the way…

Went to bed at 9pm last night but it was kind humid and warm enough…


Left Taupo about 6am. Cloudy, kind of chilly.

In the morning on week days, I often see school bus come and go.

The drivers or kids in the bus cheers me waving their hands.

This morning a cyclist John said hello while he was riding to his office.

Chatting for just 5 minutes.

He said, “I see lots of cyclist riding from abroad in NZ but for the first time I saw a cross-country runner like you!”


Following State Highway 1 heading to the south.

It was a scenic route along Lake Taupo, which reminded me of the scene of Lake Biwa.


Shoulders were narrow but most of the cars were kind enough to give some space.



Had scattered shower and had to run against the wind in the morning.


I was happy that there were some rest areas along the way.

Glad if there are some picnic tables and toilets.

But camping and overnight stay for cars were prohibited.

Snack time I enjoyed muffins.

Took a break every 10km.  It’s not so hot that I don’t drink water so much. I run so slow that I’m not so hungry.

Ran 35km in the morning. 15km for afternoon. That is a good pace.

Before 3pm, I arrived in Turangi. Found a Sportsman Lodge and checked in.

Enjoyed shopping at New World which is just 500 meters away from the lodge.

Tomorrow must be the hardest day again, running 63km. Along the way I have to reach the pass of 1000 meters.

I don’t know what’s going to be.



*Today’s Distance: 50.25km

*Total Distance from Auckland: 407.62km

*See More Photos


No comments:

Post a Comment