11/24/2014

Day10 Golden Springs to Taupo



It’s been 2 weeks since I left Japan, and 10 days have passed since I left Auckland.

Funny how time flies. A week to go till December starts.


Woke up at 5.

Cabin was built along the highway and every time car passed by I felt the house shaking just like earthquake.

While I was sleeping, my bed shook so often.

Anyway the dawn breaks.


Left Golden Springs at 7. Following State Highway 5.


Traffic was mostly quiet. Didn’t mind narrow shoulders.


Huka Falls.


Followed gravel trail after I left Huka Falls.

The grade of the hill was maybe 15 percent, too steep to climb.

It was the maximum level I could push all by myself.


Just about a few kilometers but it was exciting and thrilling.

No fence on the right side where the Waikato River runs.


On the way to town center, I stopped by at Taupo Bungy.

Just 20 years ago, in 1994, I tried 43meter bungy jumping for the first time in my life.


Took some photos out there. I was too scared to try jumping this time. But I saw some brave young people jumping remembering what happened to me at that time.


About 2pm I checked in at a motel in town center.


It was still warm today too.


Everything I see, hear and feel is excellent and marvelous.

As a citizen of the world, how could I, the traveler who keeps moving on the planet earth, express what’s on my mind?





*Today’s Distance: 36.18km

*Total Distance from Auckland: 357.37km

*See More Photos



No comments:

Post a Comment