11/23/2014

Day9 Rotorua to Golden Springs



The day breaks at 5am, taking a quick shower and get ready for the departure.


I should have said “Thank you” to the owner Akira.

The office was closed. I was sorry to leave without saying goodbye.

But fortunately he sent me a message via messenger.

If anyone who travels in New Zealand, visit and stay at Spa Lodge Backpackers Hostel in Rotorua!!

It’s a quite cozy place to stay overnight.


Leaving Rotorua before 7am.

Cloudy but in the late morning sunny breaks.

Following a trail running along State Highway 5.

Scenery still looked the same, vast farming area.

In the afternoon, followed the narrow shoulder of SH5.

Traffic was not so heavy and the route was good enough with less steep hills.

Felt like the first summer day in the afternoon today.

The ray of the sun seemed to stick on my back.

Finished running at Golden Springs Holiday Park at 4pm.


The owner Melany was kind enough to give me some food such as cheese, bread and eggs because the store nearby had already closed at 3pm.

Whoever I meet is so nice and kind.

Tomorrow I’ll be in Taupo where I first tried bunny jumping in my life in 1994.


*Today’s Distance: 46.40km

*Total Distance from Auckland: 319.21km

*See More Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment