11/16/2014

Day2 Bombay to Ngatea

Woke up at 5.

Breakfast was ready at the kitchen where Sharon the owner of the B&B was.

What a heavy breakfast!

Coffee, 2 pcs of toast, two fried eggs, two sausages and crispy and chewy bacon.

Enjoyed chatting with Sharon.

Left Pet Shari Lodge a few minutes past 7.

I thanked Sharon for a wonderful stay.

We hugged and said goodbye.


Back on the road again.

Stay back on the route where I ran yesterday.

Some small hills and entered State Highway 2.

No sidewalk and shoulders were not so wide, just as wide as my buggy VIENTO.

Got to care about the traffic especially big trucks and trailers.

Also I had a bit hard time at dusty construction area.

Gravel, uneven and unpaved road was a mess.

How sad I had no choice at all!


I’m always wondering why I’m in trouble with no toilet along the way.

In the desert in Australia I can manage almost everywhere.

But here in New Zealand, I got to be a gentleman.

I stopped at by the rest areas where there was no toilet.


Running 55.01km from Bombay, I checked in at a motel in Ngatea.

Almost sunny, windy but most of the time I had a tailwind.


Kind of muscle ache on my right calf. I guess it’s overused.

Got to be careful when running up and running down hills.

Over stride and over pace will cause a damage.



*Today’s Distance: 55.01km

*Total Distance from Auckland: 96.75km

*See Today’s Photo

No comments:

Post a Comment