9/20/2013

Day20 Wellstead to 40km West of Jerramungup 42.1km

Gusty wind annoyed me one more night.

I had my tent almost blown away.

The sand ground was not strong enough to hold my tent pegs.

Anyway, I was safe.

Without rain, the tent was always dry.


Rest area is often a place for encountering.

An old man talked to me and said he had seen me the day before.

Then his wife came up to me. They said they were from Argentina.

The lady hugged me and kissed me on my cheek.

A cup of coffee was good enough to keep my heart warm.


Before noon I had a rain storm just when I arrived at the road house in Boxwood Hill.

I was waiting for the rain stop about 30 minutes.


Then at another rest area, a man on a big bus caravan told me to take a rest.

He invited me to his caravan for a cup of tea and biscuit.

He was with his wife, both from Tasmania traveling around Australia.

They work from time to time at different places and then keep traveling around.

We talked and laughed a lot. Travel is fun...that's what we agreed after all.


Pitched my tent in the middle of nowhere again.


Glad that no wind blew.

Tomorrow is the day I'll get back to civilization!






*Today's Distance: 42.1km

*Total Distance from Perth: 744.9km

*See More Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment