1/26/2014

Day148 Cobargo to Narooma 39.4km

Still cool… 12 to 22 degrees.

It's Australia Day today, national holiday.

Wondering if Woolworths is closed…there's one in Narooma though.


Since I left Cobargo, I ran passing so many hills.

No flat roads on the way.

Some hills were too steep to climb pushing my buggy.

But the scenery was good. I enjoyed watching the lakes, pastures and national parks.

After running inland route, the view of Tasman Sea (South Pacific Ocean) came into my eyes.


About 2:30pm, I arrived in the city center of Narooma.

First I did some shopping at Woolworths. How lucky! The store was open!

Then I visited caravan park about 800 north of Woolworths but I was surprised to know the rates of cabin 194 dollars, even unpowered campsite cost 48 dollars!!!

Young lady at reception recommended me to visit and ask at information center with a pretty smile.

As I was told, I climbed another steep hill and went down back into Highway 1 again.

I got some information about cheap accommodation but there was a motel on the other side of the highway.

I just wanted to check the rate, so I knocked on the door of the reception.

But nobody's at the reception. I noticed the note on the door.

"There's only one unit available. Single 80.00, Double 95.00"

The owner came back in 10 minutes and I talked with the couple, Debra and Bernie about my travel and PEACE RUN.


Debra said, "You can stay here free!"

How lucky I was!

And then, they were kind enough to treat me Aussie dinner!


Happy Australia Day!


I'm so glad that I am alive here in Australia!







*Today's Distance: 39.5km

*Total Distance from Perth: 4828.2km

*See More Photos 

No comments:

Post a Comment