12/06/2013

Day97 Callington to Tailem Bend 49.6km

An accident happened last night…when I was sleeping in my tent.

The owner of the bar keeps a shepherd. He's as big as one meter.

Usually he was out of the back yard beyond the gate, but he came around my tent and when I turned on the headlight he jumped onto my tent!

As soon as I opened the fastener of the inner tent, he tried to rush into my tent!!

I tried hard to stop him holding his body.

He must have been happy to play with hime.

How strong his power was! I rushed out of the tent with him with barefoot.

I unlocked the gate and opened it showing him the way out.

Luckily I made it!


But the next problem was…

One of my shoes was missing. I couldn't find anywhere.

Looking around in the dark, I ran around with my headlight on.

For about 30 minutes, I finally found it beside the door of the backdoor of the bar.

The bar was still open and I told the owner about it.

He said, "Oh, I'm sorry. I will move him to the kennel so that he cannot go beyond the gate."


I was lucky. If I had been in Alaska and if the dog had been a grizzly bear, what would have happened?



Today I followed Old Princes Highway, quiet and not so many cars come and go.

Around noon, I passed by the city of Murray Bridge.


Then I took National Highway 1 for the first time in a while.

I remember running the same highway in the Nullarbor Plain too.


Another accident happened in Tailem Bend.

Mammoth Soon-Soon which I had picked up on the roadside near Kimba was missing!


When I arrived at the motel, I saw him nowhere around.

After shopping at Foodland in town, it was gone…


I took a picture of him at the entrance of the town.

It was the last time I took a picture of hime.

Hope he will find a new owner...







*Today's Distance: 49.6km

*Total Distance from Perth: 3447.7km

*See More Photos  

No comments:

Post a Comment