12/05/2013

Day96 Stirling to Callington 37.6km

Chilly morning.

Some isolated showers…wind is also gusty.

Just like a winter.



After breakfast I said goodbye to Aenne and Michael and I drove to Stirling in his car.

We arrived in Stirling in about 20 minutes.

I had everything loaded and I said goodbye to Michael.

He really tries to understand my project and was very cooperative.

His wife Aenne also wishes WORLD PEACE. We talked about it last night.

I first met them in caravan park in Salmon Gums, WA 2 months ago.

Meeting is a treasure. Every meeting has a meaning.


I left Stirling for Melbourne before 8am.

When it was sunny, I felt better but some isolated shower made me feel cold.


I stayed at bus stop or under the roof of some shops as a rain shelter.




Handorf was a pretty town, which made me feel like I was in Germany.


After that I followed Back Callington Road.

Gravel road, so hilly with lots of 10 percent or more grade hills.

This mountain route reminded me of Aparachian Mountains which I had conquered in 2011.

It took 10 minutes to go 100m. This is a mountain climbing, actuallyy.


Especially down hill was kind of scary because the gravel surface was so slippery that once I fell down my heavy buggy would pull me down to the end of the downhill.


About 4pm, I arrived in Callington.

I asked the owner of the hotel and the bar but he said the hotel was not open any more. Only bar is open to public.

There's a caravan park or motel the next city Murray Bridge but it's 20km east of here.

I had no energy left and wanted to finish. What could I do?


While I was at a loss what to do in front of the bar, the owner came out and said I could pitch my tent at the back yard.


How lucky! I pitched my tent on the green lawn.

It's a bit chilly but free accomodation!



Everything will be all right anyway!






*Today's Distance: 37.6km

*Total Distance from Perth: 3398.1km

*See More Photos  

No comments:

Post a Comment