12/23/2013

Day114 Bacchus Marsh to Melbourne 52.1km

The day before Christmas Eve.

Left Bacchus Marsh at 6am. The sky was dark.

I wore rain suits just in case.


There are some orchards and winery in this area.

It also means there are hills here and there.


I followed Melton Highway, the local route to avoid freeway.

But as I got close to the city of Melbourne, the traffic became busier.

Also, I often had to check my googlemap not to get lost.

It's much easier to run in the outback. Because there were no alternative route. Only one highway I have to take.

20km to Melbourne, I ran on the sidewalk, which was safer.

All I had to to do is watch for cars turning at the intersection.

Sometimes some drivers were rude and careless.


Enjoyed running on the quiet and comfortable bike path in some part.

Had a hard time climbing hills even in the residential area.

12-13 percent grade slopes are the limit where I can push and climb.

Saw some beautiful parks on the way. Of course many cyclists and runners were see.



After 4:30, I finished today's run in front of Flemington Cycles.

I asked the owner Damien for maintenance and inspection of my buggy.

After closing the shop, Damien and other staff members made a toast with beer.

They were very friendly and nice to me.

I talked with them about bicycles and my journey.

Seems like they really loved bicycles so much


After that Damien invited me to dinner with his family.

He gave me a ride to his house about 10 minutes from the shop.

He lives in a beautiful house with his wife and 4
 kids (3 daughters and only one son).


I guess he is living a happy life even though he's busy working hard every day.

He's also a kind of motivated guy, I'm sure.

He must be the one who always keeps trying to express his gratitude.


He gave me a ride to the shop again and there my friend Kyohei came and pick me up in his car.

I said goodbye to Damien and Kyohei and I drove to Benalla 220km north east of Melbourne.

One of the longest day for me, I ran 52.1km today, 4100km from Perth!

Going to take Christmas holidays!





*Today's Distance: 52.1km

*Total Distance from Perth: 4100.3km

*See More Photos  

No comments:

Post a Comment