6/25/2012

Day17: Ombetsu-Urahoro

Misty morning. Not that cold for camping out.
Pitched my tend under a tree but a bird kept tweeting almost all night long.
I guess I must have invaded its territory.

Sunny day breaks.
Blue sky was seen for the first time in a week.
Warm enough to run.
Felt like the first summer day!

Short day.
Ran through three tunnels.
Tunnels are what I scare most.
Noise and smell...
If they have sidewalk, they are very nice to bikers and walkers.
But most of tunnels have narrow shoulders.
Some of them have no shoulders.
If they are long, I have to struggle in the dark.
I have run 3 mile (5km) tunnel before.
It took me about 40 minutes to get through.

I finished today's run about 11am at Urahoro.
Took a bath and washed my clothes.
Got to dry something wet such as tent, sleeping bag and matress.
Getting closer to the southernmost tip of Hokkaido, Cape Erimo.

*Distance today: 18.8miles  (30.2km)
*Total distance from Wakkanai: 420.1miles (676.0km)



No comments:

Post a Comment