6/21/2012

Day 13: Attoko-Akkeshi

A tragedy has come all of a sudden.

I sneaked into my sleeping bag, when it started to rain.

A gusty wind kept me from sleeping.

Around 11 pm, I noticed some water on a floorsheet of my tent.

Wind was so gusty that rain was getting into my tent.

For a while I was fighting against wind and rain.

Fanned by a strong wind,  the fly sheet was flapped and two stakes were gone with the wind.

It took me about 5 minutes to find them.

It was dark at midnight.

While I was searching for the stakes, the floor of the tent was tottaly wet.

Finally I gave up camping out.

I escaped into an apartment house nearby, where I kept away from rain and wind.

I put everything together inside the door of the apartment.

Everything was wet, wet, wet.

I was waiting for the dawn without sleeping.

Around 4 am, I started running again,  cold rain and strong wind still annoyed me.

Felt as if I was running in the winter rain.

When I stopped, I couldn't stop shivering.

There was no shelter in the wilderness.

But I kept going until I got to Akkeshi at 2 pm.

I rushed into a small inn near the staiton.

Fortunately,  bathroom is available 24 hours a day.

So I had a wonderful moment in a hot bath for a while.

How lucky I had been to have survived this hardship...





















*Distance today: 29.1 miles (46.8km)

*Total distance from Wakkanai: 337.7 miles (543.4km)


More photos on KAY'S BLOG

http://kaytaka.blog35.fc2.com/blog-entry-2003.html


No comments:

Post a Comment