6/10/2024

DAY1

 Day1:Biarritz Airport to San Jean Pied De Port June 9



Arrived at Biarritz Airport but no good news. Lost baggage! My buggy may still be at airport in Paris!?

This is God's trial for me. I need to keep calm and stay positive.

I had no idea where to stay that night. Anyway I got to get food and water.

Carrying heavy bags(about 20kg) and walked to city center.

Bought some food and water and I came across a nice park nearby.

I pitched my tent at 9pm. The sun sets around 10pm. 

Next day I got back to the airport. My buggy must be in Paris but nobody knows when it will get to Biarritz.

I waited and waited at lobby to check 2 flights from Paris. One is at 10:25, the next one at 14:05. But my buggy didn't arrive.

I decided to stay at a hostel in Biarritz. And if it doesn't come today, I'll move to San Jean Pied de Port tomorrow.

Walked 2km to get to Garden Utopy Hostel. 2km made me feel much longer with heavy baggage on my shoulders.

On June 9th, when I woke up to see an email from AIR FRANCE.

It said my buggy arrived at Biarritz Airport by the last flight on June 8th!!

That's what I've been looking forward to hearing!!!

On Sunday morning, I walked to the airport again which I hoped the last time.

John who works at Information Counter had taken care of me as for lost baggage.

He gave me some advice as for what to do until I got my buggy.

ANyway, I started running my PEACE RUN again.

53km to San Jean Pied de Port in the rain.

It was Sunday no shops open. I kept running earnestly.

I drank 2 liter water. At 43km point my water bottle got empty.

It was not so hot. I was OK but I got extremely tired.

At 7:30, I arrived at Gite Compostella Hostel. 

I will spend 3 days here to get ready for Camino which starts on Wednesday.


Photo Album

#1 From KIX to Haneda

#2 Paris to Biarritz

#3 Biarritz to San Jean Pied de Port



 


No comments:

Post a Comment