6/14/2024

DAY2-DAY6

 *Saint Jean Pied de Port-Pamplona(June 9-14)

First day, I followed Napoleon Route until 15km point (elev. about 1200m). But the route was so bumpy with rocks. So I took detour to Arneguy, then finish in Valcarlos. I ran 33km but it was just 11km from Saint Jean Pied de Port. It was raining from time to time. Detour route was very narrow long and winding road. When I found a public hostel(Auberge), I made up my mind to stop there.

The 2nd day I followed Route N135 till Zubiri, 42.5km from Valcarlos. Partly I walked Camino de Santiago. It's a rough trail with rocks. It's not a route for bicycles, not for my buggy either. But I made it.


The 3rd day, I followed N135 and partly Camino de Santiago. I'd like to run on paved road as much as possible. Just 18km to Pamplona. It was nice to follow a quiet path along the Arga River.

Checked in at a hostel in the city center.  Spending some days in farming area, it was kind of surprise to see a big city like this. 

Still a long way to go till I get to Santiago de Compostella. I'll take my time.


See photo albums...

Day4 Saint Jean Pied de Port to Valcarlos

Day5 Valcarlos-Zubiri

Day6 Zubiri-Pamplona


*See also YouTube Movies

 



No comments:

Post a Comment