2/10/2014

Day163 Haberfield to Sydney Opera House 14.4km

Felt as if I had left Perth only yesterday.

And also felt as if it had been several years ago when I almost cried out for hunger.

Everything that happened during these 163 days while running 5200km may have been a dream…I really feel that way now.

But I did my very best dreaming of my final run in the second continent here in Australia.

I want to keep the track of this run as a history of myself.

I wonder what I think after completing this run.

Do I feel sad about the truth that there was no way to run in this continent?

My journey still continues. Only time will tell.

Live for the moment, that's what I got to do and that's what I was asked for.

I feel happiest only when I see people's smile

Run on my own two legs…There are more ways to run.



After 9am, I left motel for IGA, Lamonica.

I met up with 6 runners and 2 cyclists and Keiko guided us in here car.

We followed her car and a quiet route away from busy traffic.


Skyscrapers of Sydney came into my eyes. On the sidewalk crowded with people we slowed down.

We got close to Harbor Bridge. I felt high when I saw Sydney Opera House.





5204.9km in 163 days from Perth, I finally arrived at Sydney Opera House about 12:30pm.

There were about 50 people waiting for me out there. Some of them were my Japanese friends.

My fiancee Piapi was there too.

It was really long but when it's over everything will be kept in me as a part of my memories.

I felt really happy to have met people's smile.


I had a hard time in the Nullarbor Plain many times but I held on even when I was weary. I was happy that I hadn't given up.

Thanks so much, my supporters and sponsors who encouraged me all the time while I was running.



I was planning to go on to Running Across New Zealand but I guess I have to go back home in Japan to take a perfect rest and to reset myself.

I'll re-start my journey in November.





My Final Run on February 10 @Sydney Opera House



*Today's Distance: 14.4km

*Total Distance from Perth: 5204.9km

*See More Photos  





"Song of Mammoth Soon-Soon!

Lyrics by Adventure Runner Kay

Music by Piapi

Performed by Q(ku:)

No comments:

Post a Comment