2/08/2014

Day161 Stanwell Park to Sutherland 35.4km

I heard it was snowing most parts in Japan.

It's still summer here in Australia.

I had a really good time in Tudor Lodge B&B.

Theo & Leila treated me as if I was their family.

I was so glad with their heartful hospitality even I was just a traveler who came running by.

I folded two paper cranes so they can remember me from time to time. I asked them to keep the cranes until we meet again.

As you may know paper cranes are the symbols of LOVE & PEACE or GOOD LUCK. I explained it to them.

Through this travel, I have often appreciated Laws of Attraction.

It really works whenever I meet someone special to me.

Hopefully I can meet as many people as possible on the way…7 billion people who live in this world.


Started about 8am, saying goodbye to Leila and Theo.

As soon as I left Stanwell Park, hill climb started.

Royal National Park, the second oldest national park in the world, was the final tough & hard part.

Google map guided me to enter Cliff Track.

But there were stairs at the entrance. It was impossible for my buggy VIENTO to go forward.

I asked one of the local resident about the track. According to him, the track was rocky, gravel road, not good for running with buggy. So I took a detour, paved road about 6km longer than I had planned.


The route was surrounded by rain forest. Usually very quiet route but it was kind of busy as it was Saturday. Tons of cyclists and motorcyclists come and go all day.

It was in the middle of the mountains. I was out of network for a while.

I asked a cyclist how to get to Sutherland. He knew the short cut there. And I followed Princes Highway again.


About 3:30pm, I arrived at Sutherland Station.

My friend Mr. Chiba was waiting for me and he picked me up in his car. We drove to his place.

Tomorrow he will give me a ride to the station so that I can re-start my run.



About 30km to Sydney Opera House.

Tomorrow is the day!!!



In the evening my old school pal Junko & her husband came and see me. I met her for the first time in 35 years.

He treated me dinner with homemade pasta and salad.






*Today's Distance: 35.4km

*Total Distance from Perth: 5162.4km

*See More Photos  






"Song of Mammoth Soon-Soon!

Lyrics by Adventure Runner Kay

Music by Piapi

Performed by Q(ku:)

No comments:

Post a Comment