2/03/2015

Day81 Mount Somers to Glentunnel



Woke up at 4:30am.

Got outside and looked up to the night sky.

Southern Cross was up there. I cannot see it in Japan, northern hemisphere.

Misty morning. Blue sky was seen just a few while but rained in the afternoon.

The elevation is about 300-400 meters. With no sunshine it was chilly.

No supermarkets between Geraldine and Darfield but only a small grocery store was seen in Mt.Somers, which isn’t shown on googlemaps.

All I can see is sheep, cows and horses. Some gravel roads, too rough with stones and rocks to run with my VIENTO the buggy.

Hills were not so steep except Rakaia Gorge.

At the gorge, 200 meters down to the bridge and 200 meters up from the bridge. Pushing hard to the peak but didn’t take so long.

Met James and Kelly, cyclist from Perth for honeymoon!

They both love cycling and they look enjoying their ride.

They say it is the first day from Christchurch.

Isn’t it nice to for them to enjoy the same activity together?

Took a break every 10-15km.

I don’t have to carry so much food any more.

I have to eat them all until I finish.



What I thought today…

What’s important for us now is how to live together with people who have different points of view on this planet.

Our point of view is different from each other.

It’s up to what era or in which country we live.

But through the years our points of view will surely become better.


We cannot blame or criticize someone for their difference.

All we have to do is accept that everything is all right as we are all different.

Basically I want people all over the world to recognize the idea “If you’re happy, I’m happy, too.”


At 6pm I finished today’s run at holiday park in Glentunnel.

Just 60km to Christichurch. Tomorrow I’ll be in Upper Riccarton.

The final run is on Wednesday, the day after tomorrow.

I have run 380km since last Tuesday!

The goal is just around the corner.





According to my plan...

Wed. 4 Upper Riccarton

Thu. 5 Christchurch(Finish)



*Distance Today: 60.63km

*Total Distance from Auckland: 2729.99km

*See Where I am  

*See More Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment