2/04/2015

Day82 Glentunnel to Upper Riccarton


Just 60km to the goal.

Funny how time flies. 3 months is too short.

I have run about 8000km including running across Australia in 246 days in total. There are 22000km on 3 more continents left.

Still a long way to go.

Full moon was seen before the dawn, so beautiful.

It was fine weather this morning but before noon wind started to blow.

Started to follow the side road of Route73 but it was a gravel road.

Sand storm attacked me. Sand dust covered everything white.

I couldn’t open my eyes, which means I couldn’t see anything at all.

Sand dust got into my eyes, mouth, ears and nose were

It reminded me of the Nullarbor Plain I ran in Australia last year.

Tomorrow is the final but what the hell does it mean?

Westerly wind…still lucky because it was not head wind.

As I found it dangerous, I checked out Google Maps and got out of the gravel road into Route73 again.

I got back in Route73 at the town of Kirwee, where there were nice tail wind blowing.

I ran about 15km per hour (4 minutes per kilometer).

Both my legs and VIENTO the buggy were being pushed by the tail wind.

Yes, I was made to run by the wind.

But I had to save my legs for tomorrow.


Nigel, the cyclist did come and see me again to cheer me up.

Usually I have head wind. But this time the wind seemed to be nice to me.

Finished today’s run at backpackers hostel near the racecourse earlier than usual.

We, Nigel and I bought fish and chips at a takeaway nearby and ate together in front of the hostel.

Tomorrow I’ll have run 450km in 10 days in a row. Both my legs are OK but not perfect. Just 8km to finish.

Looking back these 83 days, I have so many things to remember but tomorrow I’ll run my very best till the end. That's all I can do!



According to my plan...

Thu. 5 Christchurch(Finish)




*Distance Today: 58.02km

*Total Distance from Auckland: 2788.01km

*See Where I am

*See More Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment