Day 6: Izmit to Karamürsel (Turkey)
Breakfast at 7:20 AM.
Departed Izmit just before 8:00 AM.
Switched from the D100 to the D130 and headed west.
Traffic wasn't exactly light, but it was somewhat better than on the D100.
Arrived in Gölcük around 10:30 AM and was treated to *çay* (Turkish tea) by a local resident named Ersin at a seaside café.
He told me he loves riding his Suzuki motorcycle all over the country.
When I told him about the PEACE RUN, he followed me on Instagram.
Whenever I turn onto quieter back roads, local cats always come out to greet me.
The cats around the seaside café in Gölcük were eating fish given to them directly by anglers.
I'm traveling along the southern coast of the Sea of Marmara; the opposite shore is Gebze, where I passed through the other day.
The Körfez area is an industrial zone; even from here, the town looked hazy from the smoke rising out of the chimneys.
The seaside promenade is always pleasant. I wish a path like this would continue forever.
Covered 38.6 km today.
Arrived at the hotel and enjoyed a welcome drink of *çay*.
After pushing through the chaos of the road, I truly appreciate this quiet, relaxing time at the seaside café.
It takes a bit of effort, but I hand-wash my clothes after showering.
I wring the water out thoroughly with a towel and hang them to dry right under the air conditioner. The air is dry, so hopefully, they'll be ready by morning.
Today's distance: 38.6 km
Total distance from Istanbul: 134.5 km
*Photos taken today are here
*Video playlist is here













Comments
Post a Comment