3/11/2014

See What's Happening...

I ran across Japan for the second time in 2012 from Wakkanai, Hokkaido to Kagoshima along the Sea of Okhotsk and the Pacific coastline.

I just wanted to see how everything had been changed one year after 3.11...the 2011 Tōhoku earthquake and tsunami

What I saw there was more than I had expected.

Tsunami and earthquake are natural disaster, not a man-made one such as wars.

But the scenes which came into my eyes were like a battlefield after the war attacked and devastated by invisible enemies.


Whole towns and cities seemed to have gone together with people and buildings.

Then I really realized "There is nothing that can be done."

I was overcome by extreme emptiness and felt helplessness of us human beings.

Where can I go? What can I do?

I was not a victim but I imagined one scene where I was the one who had survived Tsunami.


No matter how hard I tried to use imagination, I was not a victim at all.

All I could do was take a look around the affected areas.

I just wanted to share the sadness and painfulness with the victims and relived their horrors.

Japan is my native country wherever I am.

All the people in Japan are my brothers and what's happening here, more or less, has something to do with me。
So I got to do something I can do from now on.

I'll visit Tohoku to deliver donation I collected in Australia

I will make sure of what has become of all those towns and cities with my own eyes.





No comments:

Post a Comment