See What's Happening...

I ran across Japan for the second time in 2012 from Wakkanai, Hokkaido to Kagoshima along the Sea of Okhotsk and the Pacific coastline.

I just wanted to see how everything had been changed one year after 3.11...the 2011 Tōhoku earthquake and tsunami

What I saw there was more than I had expected.

Tsunami and earthquake are natural disaster, not a man-made one such as wars.

But the scenes which came into my eyes were like a battlefield after the war attacked and devastated by invisible enemies.


Whole towns and cities seemed to have gone together with people and buildings.

Then I really realized "There is nothing that can be done."

I was overcome by extreme emptiness and felt helplessness of us human beings.

Where can I go? What can I do?

I was not a victim but I imagined one scene where I was the one who had survived Tsunami.


No matter how hard I tried to use imagination, I was not a victim at all.

All I could do was take a look around the affected areas.

I just wanted to share the sadness and painfulness with the victims and relived their horrors.

Japan is my native country wherever I am.

All the people in Japan are my brothers and what's happening here, more or less, has something to do with me。
So I got to do something I can do from now on.

I'll visit Tohoku to deliver donation I collected in Australia

I will make sure of what has become of all those towns and cities with my own eyes.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DAY36 Last Night in Taiwan (Taoyuan)

DAY 37 Taoyuan International Airport-KIX

DAY 37 George Town (Malaysia)