12/31/2014

Day47 Kurow to Oamaru



Left Kurow at 6:40am, when very few were awake, quiet and calm morning.

It’s a new year’s eve. People have fun here and there at night almost every night after Christmas.


15 degrees is not bad, it’s better for us runners to enjoy running comfortably.

It’s a smart idea to go farther while the sun shines softly.


There might be a few towns or villages between Kurow and Oamaru but they say there’s no shops or stores. So I got to get ready.

Took a break, not very often. 66km is not short.

It means that I run full marathon and half marathon. Maybe I run 10km 6 times or 6km 10 times.

Done 40km by 1pm. Basically and gradually  elevation is going down

Some rains around noon. Running with rain suit on and off.

It’s good for the dry land to get wet. But soon sunny breaks and the land and highway becomes hot and dry.

Even after the rain, the sun seems to shine so hard.


Saw some cyclists including 2 were from Japan riding across South Island.

I just keep myself concentrated on running, no matter how many cows, sheep, deer and horses pay attention to me.

50km done at 3pm. Need to take a break under the shade. The sun shines from behind afternoon. I got to take care of the back of my head so that it won’t get overheated.


Also I need to take more water than usual. I might have taken about 3 liter today.

The view of the Pacific Ocean gets into my eyes again after getting to the final peak of highway 83.

On entering SH1 again, the shoulders of the road become wider.

8km to go to the city center of Oamaru.

But head wind bothers me.


Some sign posts please me on the both side. It’s a big city if there’s a McDonald’s. That’s what I have recognized here in New Zealand.

Motels and takeaways here and there. And finally I finished today’s run 67km at B&B “Chimney’s House” about 6pm.

Shige came back from his job and his son Riku too. Riku is also a runner.

As we had a BBQ party, we drove to his friend’s place soon.

I really had a good time with good people and good dinner.

It’s a totally different world from the one I run 67km all by myself on a lonesome highway.

Back home after 10pm.

2014 soon ends and 2015 comes at the same time, 4 hours earlier than Japan.

Looking back to 2014. There were so many good things that had happened to me. There were always so many good people behind so many good things. That’s what I really want to appreciate.

Above all, I welcomed Piapi as my wife.

She has been waiting for me in Japan where I have been absent and has been supporting me every day.

I’m so sorry about her feeling lonely. I really appreciate her cooperation.

This time I am supported by a lot of supporters who helped me through crowd funding.

And many people bought PEACE RUN T-shirts, which also helps me keep running and traveling.

Wonder how 2015 will treat me.

Still wishing we human beings create WORLD PEACE.

All I can do is meet a lot of people and share a peaceful moment with them while running and traveling. Wherever I am, all I want to see is their smiling faces satisfied with peacefulness and happiness.



*Distance Today: 67.29km

*Total Distance from Auckland: 1543.81km

*See Where I am

*See More Photos 


No comments:

Post a Comment