10/04/2013

Day34 Scaddan to Salmon Gums 55.1km

While running, flies are so friendly that they enjoy playing with me all day.

They start to be active when the temperature rises to 20 degrees.

Some attack me into ears, nose and mouth.

I want to play with them but I have to concentrate upon runnning.

That's why I wear mosquito net which I used in the Arctic Circle, Alaska.


Cool in the morning but when the sun starts shining it gets warm.

The ray of the sun is pretty hard.

Now there are lots of shades under trees but in the Nullarbor Plain there are no trees at all.


On the way a cyclist from Norway came after me.

Morten was his name.

We talked a while and we soon met again later.


I finished today's run in the communty caravan park of Salmon Gums.

5 dollars for non-powered site. There's a hot shower and toilet but there's no cabin and caravan to stay.

As soon as I arrived there, a man talked to me and I was offered chilly canned beer.

How lucky I was to get invited to their dinner!

Michael and his wife Aenne are from Germany.

They moved to Australia after living in Singapore for 25 years.


Then, Morten, Norwegian cyclist came around to say hello to me.

He said he was staying at the motel nearby.

We talked a while and I thought one meeting caused another.

Morten said he would start about 9:30 and he would cathc up with me on the highway.

And he went back for dinner.

Michael and Aenne live in Adelaide. I may have a chance to see them again along the way to Sydney.

Had an excellent night with gorgeous dinner.





*Today's Distance: 55.1km

*Total Distance from Perth: 1195.1km

*See More Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment