1/06/2015

Day53 Dunedin 3




Given a chance to have presentation to the students of University of Otago this morning.

About 50 people including some staff of the university were there.

Most of them are from Asia(a few from Japan too). They listened carefully to my talk.

The class started at 11am but there seemed to be something wrong with the projector. I had no choice but keep talking.

I was happy I had been a teacher. I kept talking for 30 minutes.

One of the staff members kept making an effort to revive the projector and all of sudden he made it!!

The latter half I was in my element with this digital tool.


The students sometimes laughed out loud, sometimes nodded and became serious.

I mainly talked about my experience through my travel, adventure, dreams and challenge.

They were so glad and excited as soon as I finished the presentation.


Some of them came up to me to hold out their hands.

Others came up to talk to me or to thank me for the presentation.

Their reaction was far more than I had expected.

The next class was just about to start but still some students were asking me to take photos together.

I did realize it is my mission to sow the seeds of PEACE in that way.

I couldn’t help being deeply moved by myself while I was talking to the students from all over the world.

That’s when I thought about the fact that we are the citizens of the world.

Yes! It was an exciting moment and the most wonderful experience here in New Zealand.

Thanks Dunedin and New Zealand!!

Cheers to WORLD PEACE and all the citizens of the world!!



After that, Pita gave me a ride back to KIWIS NEST where I was staying.

Then we drove to Baldwin Street which is designated as “The world steepest street.”

Yes, standing at the top of the street, it looks like a jump stand for skiing.

I saw 2 brave cyclists trying to go up to the top, both of whom seemed to give up.


Then next to St. Clair Beach. We went to have ourselves a drink or two at a bar. He got me a pint of Peroni, Italian beer.

Soon after I came back, Mac came and visit me.

As it was the last night I spend in Dunedin, he invited me to a dinner again.

There came 5 students of the University of Otago.

Two from Saudi Arabia, the others from Korea, Chile and Japan.

They are cheerful and positive. They seems to have a great time at university every day.

We laughed a lot, ate a lot. And I noticed it was the last night in Dunedin.

Funny how time flies…I spent 4 happy days here in Dunedin.

Tomorrow I’ll be back on the road again.

Two legs of my own and only one road keep me running.



*Distance Today: 0km

*Total Distance from Auckland: 1661.33km

*See Where I am

*See More Photos 

No comments:

Post a Comment