11/08/2013

Day69 32km West to Ceduna 33.5km





I got up late. I was so tired I didn't hear the alarm of my wrist watch.

Rain stopped, just a bit of blue skies were seen.

Everything got wet. Rain suits and shoes are still wet.


late start at 7:40.


Soon the sun came up and got warm.



Since I left Penong, I've seen some farms here and there.

Part of the plain was field and farming area, where there are sheep.



As I got close to Ceduna, the traffic gets busier.

I feel the word wilderness is not adequate here any longer.



The end of the Nullarbor finally caught me up.



The view of the blue sea got into my eyes.

Ceduna!!

At 1:20pm, I was welcomed by a signboard of Welcome to Ceduna.


Went through quarrantine inspection easily. Just asked if I had fruits and vegetables by an officer.



As I was hungry, I entered a restaurant named Oyster Bar and enjoyed Fish & Chips.


At visitor information center, I purchased Certificate of Crossing the Nullarbor.


Then I checked in at a caravan park near the sea shore.



Finally I did it. I crossed and survived the Nullarbor.

This is the second time.  I cycled across it in 1995 for the first time.


So many things to remember.  Funny how time flies...

Is there a chance for me to get back here someday?

I hope so. I can't say no to the question.

This must be a memory I can never forget. I'll keep it in my mind for ever and ever.


There's a town, there's a supermarket. I can buy anything as usual!


Thanks, the Nularbor for letting me have a real good time!





*Today's Distance: 33.5km

*Total Distance from Perth: 2514.6km

*See More Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment