11/07/2013

Day 68 64km East of Nundroo to 32km West of Ceduna 55.7km

19 degrees. Cloudy morning.

Unstable weather, it might rain. Dark clouds come and go.

Thunder lightening far and away.

Rain started 1 hour after I had left.

Head wind. The road totally wet. What I scared was a great splash the road trains made when they passed by.

Got soaked into my shoes.

At Penong, I bought a pizza pie and Coke.

Penong is a small town, not a roadhouse, where there are primary school, police station. It's famous for 100 windmills.

It was raining on and off.

Inside my jacket was wet by sweat.

When the wind blows, the sensory temperature drops a few degrees.

Camp out tonight, there is no hot shower unfortunately.

But because of rain and low temperature, there might be no flies bothering me around.

Kept going on and on, after 6pm, I finished today's run at a rest area, 32km west of Ceduna.

Tomorrow is the day!!!


Exchanged my clothes in a tent. Felt cold and I put my lower body into a sleeping bag.

A guy from a caravan parked near my tent came to say hello and treated me a hot stew with kangaroo meat.

Yummy! Felt so warm!


This campsite is 30 meters away from Eyre Highway and the thunderous roar of road trains may keep me awake.


Tomorrow is the day I can get out of the Nullarbor!





*Today's Distance: 55.7km

*Total Distance from Perth: 2481.1km

*See More Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment