11/20/2014

Day6 Omokoroa to Tauranga



Woke up at 7. Quite chilly with no heater at all.

Both sleeping bag and sleeping bag cover kept me warm enough.

A lady whom I met at the office of the caravan park owns a cafe.

As she told me to stop at the cafe on the way and that’s what I did.

The owner treated me cafe latte, lemon cream cake and cheese & mince pie.

Followed State Highway 2. Some hills and kind of heavy traffic not so comfortable though.

20.5km from Omokoroa, I arrived at downtown Tauranga but it’s too early to check in at Harbourside City Backpackers.

So I walked around the harbor.

It’s been fine all day but windy. Warm enough the temperature around 20 degrees.

I borrowed rent a bike, cycled to pak’n’ save the supermarket.

Over 200km from Auckland, still a long way to go.



*Today’s Distance: 20.52km

*Total Distance from Auckland: 209.95km

*See More Photos:



No comments:

Post a Comment